Thursday, May 21, 2015

A Successful Season & Passion Project Info

It looks as though my turkey hunting years go 3 for 3 now, since I have finally bagged another large bird.  My dad's Remington 11-87 12 gauge has done it again and led me to success.  Recently my father and I went hunting on the farm in South Jersey and bagged a beautiful 10 1/2 inch longbeard turkey.  It had 1 3/8 inch spurs and we're very excited to mount it.  This turkey is very large for New Jersey and we called it in all the way across the hay field over a course of an hour or more.  The biggest task I need to complete ow is finishing my powerpoint on hunting and trapping in New Jersey and compiling all of my information.  The most interesting thing I have learned is closely related to my hunt.  Calling a from across a field for a turkey with a hen and jake decoy will prove very successful and will draw in your bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment